Training a Guide Dog is an expensive, complicated business. It takes almost two years and $30,000. We do not charge our clients for the provision of these wonderful Guide Dogs. We also do not receive any government funding for our Guide Dogs Training Centre which costs over $3 million per year to run.
We have developed an exciting program that allows businesses in NSW and the ACT to partner with us by sponsoring a Guide Dog in Training. Previous corporate sponsors have included Caltex Australia, Bluescope Steel, St Johns Park Bowling Club and Cronulla Sharks.
Features of the Sponsoring a Guide Dog in Training Program include:
- Naming your aspiring Guide Dog
- Face-to-face meetings with your sponsored dog upon commencement and completion of the program
- Regular 'Pupdates' on the dogs progress including photos
- An inspiring talk to your staff by a current Guide Dog User
- A visit by a Guide Dogs Community Education Officer to teach staff how to interact with people with impaired vision
- An invitation to our Guide Dogs Training Centre
- Motivating staff and demonstrating corporate Social responsibility
For more information please contact our Partnerships Coordinator on 9412 9336 or by email.
Share this page with a friend