Leave a bequest in your Will
As you read these lines someone is starting to lose their sight. It may be a family member or someone you know... but how can you help?
By leaving a bequest to Guide Dogs, after providing for family and loved ones you can help us to continue to provide our services free of charge to those Australians who are blind or vision impaired.
Every year the money we receive from generous donors like you, not only helps us to raise our Guide Dog puppies, it also helps to ensure we are providing the best range of services to our clients.
Over 60% of donations made to Guide Dogs are through bequests and as we receive no government funding, we reply on these types of donations to ensure people who have vision impairment can travel independently and safely in your community.
So whether large or small, your bequest will be valued greatly, because it will change the life of a person who is blind or has vision impairment. You will help someone to live independently and also give a puppy the opportunity to become a Guide Dog - and that's a rather remarkable gift indeed.
How your bequest to Guide Dogs can help
- Help to train our Guide Dog puppies which cost over $30,000
- Help ensure those people with vision impairment receive the orientation and mobility training they need to stay independent
- Help provide tailored programs for children who have lost or are losing their sight.
- Help train our Pets As Therapy dogs, who provide companionship for people who may be disadvantaged because of age, illness, disability or isolation
- Help us continue to fight for the rights of the vision impaired through our accessibility and advocacy programs
- Help us provide free assessments & diagnosis through the Centre for Eye Health to help reduce preventable blindness in the community
To leave a bequest to Guide Dogs or to discuss your plans, please call Lucy Smink on 9412 9319.
Download the correct wording to ensure that your bequest is received by Guide Dogs NSW/ACT.