Win Return Flights for Two to Hawaii
Ever dreamt about escaping it all to relax on the beach in Honolulu? Enter our competition now for your chance to win return flights* for two people to Hawaii!
Competition open until 31 October 2018. Prize will be drawn 12 midday on 1 November 2018. Winner will be notified by Guide Dogs NSW/ACT in November 2018. Good luck!
* Flights are courtesy of Hawaiian Airlines.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Information on prizes and how to participate form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Competition is open to residents of NSW only. Entrants must be aged 18 years and over.
- Competition is not open to employees (and their immediate families) of Guide Dogs NSW/ACT, Bold Discovery Pty Ltd, WAYS Phone or Hawaiian Airlines / Hawaiian Airlines Inc. ‘Immediate family’ is defined as spouse, partner, parent, child, stepchild or sibling, whether or not they live in the same household as the employee.
- The competition commences on 10 February 2018 and closes at 11:59pm AEDT on 31 October 2018.
- Eligible entrants may enter in two ways:
- From 10 February to 4 March 2018, at selected events at Market City Chinese New Year activities and Sydney Chinese New Year Festival, Guide Dogs NSW/ACT representatives will assist people to enter competition via an iPad application. Entrants must fully complete and submit the entry form on the iPad provided as directed by the representative during the event.
- From 6 March 2018 until the end of the promotional period, entrants may enter online at www.guidedogs.com.au/hawaii by fully completing and submitting the online entry form.
- It is a condition of entry into the competition for entrants to provide Guide Dogs NSW/ACT with a correct first and last name, valid email address and valid mobile phone number for the notification of prizes. Entry will be void if contact details are missing or invalid. Guide Dogs NSW/ACT reserves the right to verify entry validity and entrant eligibility (including identity, age and residence) at any time and reserves the right to disqualify individuals deemed to have breached these Terms and Conditions, in its sole discretion.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Prizes are subject to availability.
- The major prize will be drawn 12 midday 1 November 2018 at Guide Dogs NSW/ACT, 2-4 Thomas St Chatswood NSW 2067. The major prize winner will be notified by Guide Dogs NSW/ACT within two business days of the draw and the winner's name will be listed on the Guide Dogs NSW/ACT Facebook page and www.guidedogs.com.au/hawaii
- If Guide Dogs NSW/ACT has not received return confirmation from a drawn major prize winner with the intention to claim the prize by 14 November 2018 using the contact details provided, another prize winner will be selected.
- Only one Entry per person will be accepted. Only Entries that are completed in full will be valid.
- Prizes will be awarded to one competition entrant in the order drawn as follows:
- Win Return Flights for Two to Hawaii!
The first valid entry drawn will win 160,000 HawaiianMiles to redeem for travel on Hawaiian Airlines valued at $2,500. This is the equivalent to two Return Coach Super Saver tickets to Honolulu from Sydney.
Process of claiming prize is as follows:
- Prize winner will need to join HawaiianMiles at HawaiianAirlines.com.au, and can set up an account online at no cost. Once set up, the winner can use winning certificate, which will be emailed to prize winner by Guide Dogs NSW/ACT, to request the HawaiianMiles be deposited into their HawaiianMiles account.
- For Hawaiian Airlines terms and conditions please visit https://www.hawaiianairlines.com.au/legal/hawaiianmiles-terms-and-conditions
- HawaiianMiles need to be deposited into HawaiianMiles account before 1st December 2018. Winner needs to call Hawaiian Airlines Sydney Reservations to claim their prize on 1300 661 339 by 1 December 2018. Miles can take up to 30 business days to be credited.
- Seats are subject to availability. Hawaiian Airlines suggests the prize winner makes a reservation as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please call Reservations department in Sydney on 1300 661 339 between the hours of 9am and 5pm to advise of winning certificate details.
- Travel must be booked on Hawaiian Airlines operated flights only.
- 80,000 miles is equivalent to 1 return coach super saver tickets from Australia to Honululu. To see redemption table, please visit: http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2218/~/book-award-flights
- All taxes – including international and domestic transportation taxes, customs and inspection, safety/security, and passenger movement charges – are the responsibility of the prize winner.
- Citizens of eligible countries (including Australia) visiting the USA will need to apply for a Visa waiver via the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) prior to travelling to the United States. A fee will apply to new ESTA applications and renewals payable by credit or debit card at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov. If you are not a citizen of an eligible country you will need to apply for a visa.
- Travellers must be in possession of a valid passport before travel. Passports must be valid for at least 60 days after the expected return date.
- Once these steps are completed, prize winner can book flights to and from Honululu. HawaiianMiles won are valid for 18 months so the winner needs to utilise the prize within this timeframe.
- Multiple prizes!
Assorted Guide Dogs merchandise and promotional material will be awarded to people entering the competition at selected events during Sydney Chinese New Year Festival via the iPad application. These prizes will be awarded randomly at the discretion of Guide Dogs NSW/ACT's representatives. Entrants will not be eligible to receive these prizes by entering via the website.
Prizes may include:
- Guide Dogs NSW/ACT Weekly Planners
- Guide Dogs NSW/ACT Puppy Pals keyrings
- Guide Dogs NSW/ACT 2018 60 Years of Top Dogs calendars
- Guide Dogs Pup in Harness toys
- Guide Dogs NSW/ACT pens
- Guide Dogs NSW/ACT stickers
- Total value of all prizes will not exceed $[8,955].
- Winners and companions are responsible for all costs associated with taking the prizes, including but not limited to travel, transfers, accommodation, passport and visa/visa waiver costs, meals, spending money and ancillary costs, other than those expressly stated as being part of the prize in these Terms and Conditions. Winners forfeit any prize or any part of a prize if not taken at the time stipulated by Guide Dogs NSW/ACT and no cash will be awarded in lieu. Prizes are subject to the standard terms and conditions of the relevant service providers including the terms of any vouchers supplied for elements of a prize.
- It is the winner's responsibility to check availability, and directly book flights. Winner must be aged 18 years or over.
- Guide Dogs NSW/ACT reserves the right, in its discretion, to substitute a prize or part of a prize that is unavailable for an alternative of equal value and/or comparable specification.
- It is a condition of accepting any prize that the winner and any accompanying companions (if applicable) agree to (a) participate in all publicity (including photography) reasonably requested by Guide Dogs NSW/ACT in connection with this competition and the result free of charge; (b) consent to the use of their name, likeness, image and voice (including photo, film and recordings of same) in any media for an unlimited period without further remuneration for the purpose of promoting Guide Dogs NSW/ACT's activities; and (c) sign any legal documentation, including but not limited to a release and indemnity, in the form required by Guide Dogs NSW/ACT and prize organisers in their absolute discretion.
- Save for any rights or guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law or other terms implied into a contract that cannot lawfully be excluded, Guide Dogs NSW/ACT and its officers, employees, volunteers, agents and prize suppliers exclude: (a) any term, condition or warranty that may otherwise be implied into these Terms and Conditions; (b) any liability for loss or damage incurred as a result of or in connection with its negligence; (c) any liability for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss (including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of revenue and loss of opportunity) arising in connection with this competition and the prizes.
- Guide Dogs NSW/ACT and its officers, employees, volunteers, agents and prize suppliers exclude all liabilities described in sub-section 139A(3) of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), except for liability for significant personal injury caused by their reckless conduct within the meaning of sub-section 139A(5) of that Act.
- If the competition is interfered with or not capable of being conducted as anticipated for any reason beyond Guide Dogs NSW/ACT's reasonable control, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, Guide Dogs NSW/ACT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person or to modify or suspend the competition, as appropriate, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- It is a condition of competition entry that the purchaser agrees to receive further communication from Guide Dogs NSW/ACT, as per the Guide Dogs Personal Information Collection Statement.
- Decisions of Guide Dogs NSW/ACT in relation to this competition are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoter is Guide Dogs NSW/ACT (ABN 52 000 399 744) of 2-4 Thomas St Chatswood NSW 2067. Telephone 02 9412 9300.