Workplace giving is a simple yet effective way of supporting those who are vision impaired and helping to train puppies to become life-changing Guide Dogs. Donations made in this way are taken from pre-tax pay, which means that most people who donate via workplace giving will see a tax benefit in their pay, by reducing their taxable income, providing it totals $2 or more, all while helping a person who is blind or vision impaired with the gift of a Guide Dog.
Benefits of Workplace Giving
Just $5 a week – maybe that’s just one morning without a takeaway coffee – can make a difference:
- A simple way to give regularly to Guide Dogs NSW/ACT.
- Most people receive a tax benefit in their pay every time they donate.
- Does not affect gross income or other calculations such as superannuation, guaranteed payments or fringe benefits.
- An easy way for you to help the community.
- Positions the company as a generous contributor to the community.
- Increased staff loyalty and motivation.
- Improved workplace culture.
An added extra
Some companies match staff donations as additional support – this may be something you’d like to consider.
For further information or to discuss setting up a Workplace Giving program, we can help. Call 02 9412 9300 between 9 am and 5 pm weekdays or email corporate [at] guidedogs.com.au