Get Involved By Volunteering
In 1952, Australia’s first Guide Dog training facility was opened in Perth with the invaluable support of volunteers. Many years later, volunteers continue to play a vital role for our organisation.
As a Guide Dogs NSW/ACT volunteer, you have the opportunity to discover new skills, experiences and a real sense of pride by improving the lives of people with vision impairment in your community.
We are always looking for volunteers to assist with:
- Puppy Raising
- Corporate Volunteering
- selling merchandise
- assisting at our Guide Dog Centre
- towing our mascot Guide Dog Gulliver around the suburbs of Sydney
Important information for Volunteers
- Policies and Procedures for Volunteers
- Hazard Identification Form
- Incident Reporting Form
- Manual Handling Guidelines
- Grievance Policy