Get Involved By Volunteering
In 1952, Australia’s first Guide Dog training facility was opened in Perth with the invaluable support of volunteers. Many years later, volunteers continue to play a vital role for our organisation.
Learn about the different ways you can volunteer with us today
Today, our need for volunteers has expanded and so has the different ways you can volunteer with us. As a Guide Dogs NSW/ACT volunteer, you have the opportunity to discover new skills and experiences. However, importantly you will be making life changing improvements to the lives of people with vision impairment in your community. Volunteering with us will give you a strong sense of pride and satisfaction you will love.
If you would like to volunteer with us, we are always looking for volunteers to assist with:
- Puppy Raising: This is an integral part as these volunteers raise puppies to become Guide Dogs by keeping them safe, teaching them vital skills and taking them to trainings.
- Corporate Volunteering
- Events: Keep up to date with our upcoming events so you don’t miss out on the chance to volunteer with us.
- Selling Merchandise
- Assisting at our Guide Dog Centre: Training puppies to become Guide Dogs is vital to allow them to assist the visually impaired in the future. Volunteer to help train these puppies to learn skills they need to be successful.
- Towing our mascot Guide Dog Gulliver around the suburbs of Sydney
Important information for Volunteers
Before you volunteer with us, make sure you read through these important documents.
- Policies and Procedures for Volunteers
- Hazard Identification Form
- Incident Reporting Form
- Manual Handling Guidelines
- Grievance Policy