Audio-described tour: Lunar Lanterns
Guide Dogs NSW/ACT is delighted to be a part of City of Sydney's Chinese New Year Festival 2018 as the official charity partner.
2018 marks the year of the dog and to celebrate, Guide Dogs NSW/ACT is offering two Audio Described tours of the Lunar Lanterns on display throughout Circular Quay.
The Lunar Lanterns are a creative and contemporary interpretation of a centuries old tradition. Designed by Asian –Australian artists with Festival Curator Claudia Chan Shaw, the Lunar Lanterns tower up to 13 metres tall. This is a spectacular display of 12 larger than life animal signs of the lunar zodiac that are being exhibited from the Opera House to Cadman’s Cottage in Circular Quay.
Explore the 12 Lunar Lanterns at Circular Quay through an audio-described guided tour with a Guide Dogs NSW/ACT staff. Slots are limited so please register your interest by 14 February 2018.
- When: 21 & 22 February 2018
- Time: Tour starts at 7:30pm, runs for 1 hour
- Meeting Time: Please arrive ten minutes before start time
- Meeting Place: Scout Place, Alfred Street (outside AMP Building)
- Tickets: Free admission
- RSVP: Please RSVP by 14 February 2018 to Ms Tiffany Mitchell via email at tmitchell [at] guidedogs.com.au or phone 02 9412 9302.
(Top photo from City of Sydney What's On website)