Name our Sydney Royal Easter Show Puppies competition
Every Hero Needs a Name
Give one of our loveable puppies a unique Sydney Royal Easter Show name by entering our “Name our Sydney Royal Easter Show Puppies” competition!
Enter the competition by suggesting a puppy name for our soon-to-be-born puppies which is inspired by the fun and excitement of Sydney Royal Easter Show. If you win, one of the adorable puppies from our Sydney Royal Easter Show litter will receive your chosen name! Winners will be announced on 1 May 2019.
Come and see our team outside the Advance ™ Dog Pavilion at the Sydney Royal Easter Show to enter.
Competition opens Thursday 12 April 2019, and closes at 5.00pm 23 April 2019. Winners will be notified on 3 May 2019.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Information on prizes and how to participate form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Guide Dogs NSW/ACT (ABN 52 000 399 744) of 2-4 Thomas St Chatswood NSW 2067. Telephone 02 9412 9300.
- The competition commences on 12 April 2019 and closes at 5:00pm AEDT on 23 April 2019.
- Competition is not open to employees (and their immediate families) of Guide Dogs NSW/ACT. ‘Immediate family’ is defined as spouse, partner, parent, child, stepchild or sibling, whether or not they live in the same household as the employee.
- Eligible entrants may enter in the following ways:
- In person at events. At events, Guide Dogs NSW/ACT representatives will assist people to enter competition via a tablet application. Entrants must fully complete and submit the entry form provided as directed by the representative during the event from 12 April 2019 to 23 April 2019. At Sydney Royal Easter Show, Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney.
- To participate in the Competition, an Eligible Entrant may, during the Entry Period, complete a valid entry by completing the prompts including:
- providing personal details including a valid email address, valid mobile phone number and valid home address; and
- submitting one Sydney Royal Easter Show themed name suitable to name a working Guide Dog.
- Only one Entry per person will be accepted. Only Entries on the official entry form that are completed in full will be valid.
- The Entries will be judged by a panel of judges from the Promoter. Each Entry will be individually judged based on the Sydney Royal Easter Show theme and suitability of the name for a working Guide Dog.
- The number of winners and names chosen will be based on the number of puppies born in the selected Guide Dogs litter with the expected due date of 23 April 2019. All nominees with a chosen name will be provided an emailed a photographer of the litter born on the 23 of April 2019.
- Winners will be chosen on 1 May 2019 at Guide Dogs NSW/ACT Centre, 1 Spinks Road, Glossodia NSW 2756 and Guide Dogs NSW/ACT, 2-4 Thomas St, Chatswood NSW 2067.
- Winners will be notified by 3 May 2019 by Guide Dogs NSW/ACT via email. The chosen dog names will also be revealed on social media.
- If an Eligible Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, the Eligible Entrant must promptly notify the Promoter of the change. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be in writing and directed to the Promoter.
- Winners will receive a Prize that includes: (a) naming a Guide Dog puppy with a Sydney Royal Easter Show-themed name; (b) each winner will receive a photograph of the litter of puppies born on 23 April 2019.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Prizes are subject to availability.
- The Promoter may, in its discretion, postpone, vary, cancel or terminate the Activity if, in their reasonable opinion, the winner or companion poses a safety risk, or for any other reason. If the Activity is varied, cancelled or terminated, it may not be rescheduled and no compensation will be offered.
- To the extent permitted by law, if any part of the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right, in its discretion, to substitute a prize or part of a prize that is unavailable for an alternative of equal value and/or comparable specification.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in the value of any prizes.
- All winners and any accompanying companions (if applicable) agree (a) participate in all publicity (including photography) reasonably requested by the Promoter in connection with this competition and the result free of charge; (b) to allow the use of their name, likeness, image and voice (including photo, film and recordings of same) in any media for an unlimited period without further remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promoter's activities; and (c) sign documentation reasonably required by the Promoter and prize organisers in the form required by the Promoter or prize organiser including but not limited to a release and indemnity. Winners agree to participate in reasonable promotional activities as requested by the Promoter.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Entries not received for any reason during the Competition Period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected Entries.
- If, for any reason, the Competition is interfered with or is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person or to cancel, terminate, or modify or suspend the Competition, as appropriate, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect Entries or Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
- Entry will be void if contact details are missing or invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to verify entry validity and entrant eligibility (including identity, age and residence) at any time and reserves the right to disqualify individuals deemed to have breached these Terms and Conditions, in its sole discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions. If there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Competition, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- It is a condition of entry into the competition that the entrant agrees to receive further communication from the Promoter, as per the Guide Dogs Personal Information Collection Statement.
- It is a condition of competition entry that the purchaser agrees to receive further communication from Guide Dogs NSW/ACT, as per the Guide Dogs Personal Information Collection Statement.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes any term, condition or warranty that may otherwise be implied by custom, law or statute. The Promoter excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition and Prizes, including, but not limited to, arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction; (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or (c) any tax liability incurred by an entrant.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (CCA) or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement
- Decisions of Guide Dogs NSW/ACT in relation to this competition are final. No correspondence will be entered into.