You did this!
Today many of our clients who are blind or vision impaired are doing the everyday things that most people take for granted. They are traveling on public transport, studying at university, developing their careers and socialising with friends.
They are safer, more independent and living their lives to the fullest. Thanks to people like you, over the past 12 months your donations have helped to improve our puppy breeding and training program, and help people lead active and independent lives.
Thank you from the people you have helped ...
Margaret is just one of the people you help through your kind support. Thanks to her Guide Dog Desiree, Margaret travels to work independently and enjoys a very active life.
Thanks to you this past year:
- 3,631 vision impaired people were assisted by Guide Dogs NSW/ACT
- Training and services were provided to 240 people with Guide Dogs
... and from the puppies too!
Before these gorgeous puppies leave to live with our volunteer puppy raisers they spend 8 weeks at our training centre. Then at 14 months they return for 20 weeks of training before graduating.
Over the last year you have helped:
- Administer more than 400 vaccinations
- Provide over 1000 vet check-ups
- Welcome 135 puppies to the program
- Buy 75 new harnesses
- Support 5000 kilometres of training walks
- Graduate 61 Guide Dogs
The Guide Dogs Centre even received an upgrade ...
After 15 years our world class Guide Dog Centre was in urgent need of renovation. We are pleased to say your kind gifts have been put to work!
Because of you:
- All three of the kennels are now climate controlled making for happier puppies
- The four new kennel awnings protect our puppies and dogs from the sun and rain
- The restored runs and new waterproof doors mean the puppies are now drier, safer and more secure
- The new antibacterial floors mean the puppies can be social in the holding pens without getting ill
Thank you very much for your support!