Posted in: Media Release
We are currently looking for Clients of Guide Dogs NSW/ACT to join our Chatter Paws program as Volunteer Facilitators!
Our Volunteer Facilitators are an essential role in the Chatter Paws program which provides an opportunity (at no cost) for our Clients to stay connected with their peers on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
As a facilitator, you will take on the responsibility for managing the group chats, helping to keep the conversation flowing and ensuring that everyone on the call is invited to speak.
To be a volunteer facilitator you need:
- To be a client of Guide Dogs.
- To be able to commit to regular attendance at your nominated group chat sessions. We can make arrangements in the case of illness or holidays.
- To be a strong communicator and able to help others participate in discussions.
- To be able to intervene in discussions if conflict arises.
- To maintain strong communication with the Client Engagement and Connections Coordinators by email and phone.
- To provide input over Chatter Paws improvements.
- To take on the responsibility of dialling clients into Zoom chats who cannot get themselves onto calls independently (training will be provided).
- To complete all necessary onboarding paperwork to become a Guide Dogs volunteer, including a National Police Check.
We work with individual Volunteer Facilitators to understand their availability, level of commitment and interests in order to match them to an appropriate group or groups.
If you are interested in becoming a Chatter Paws Volunteer Facilitator, please get in touch by sending an email through to email@example.com.
If you would like to find out more about our Chatter Paws program, you can head to the event page here.