Regional Advisory Committee
A new Guide Dogs NSW/ACT initiative
Guide Dogs NSW/ACT provides a variety of supports to people who are blind or vision impaired that increase independence, minimise the impact of sight loss and build confidence for further education, employment and social participation.
To help improve our services and build a stronger connection with the local vision impaired community, we are launching the new Regional Advisory Committee initiative.
- Have you lived the experience of sight loss and would be willing to use this experience to improve access to services for others?
- Are you passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of people who experience vision loss?
- Do you have the ability to work collaboratively with clients, carers, community members and staff?
- Do you have a working knowledge of community and client participation, or are willing to learn?
- Are you over the age of 16 years old?
- Are you confident to speak up at meetings?
- Do you have experience working and collaborating with a group, network, and committee or similar?
- Are you reliable and committed to regularly attending meetings and sessions?
If you have answered yes to all of these questions and want to be part of the Regional Advisory Committee, then we would be eager to hear from you. Please find below the Position Description, Terms of Reference and Expression of Interest Form.
Please note: expressions of interest close on 21st December 2018.
If you would like more information, please contact your local office on the details below:
- eryan [at] guidedogs.com.au (Elley Ryan)
– Newcastle (4925 3066)
- KWakeman [at] guidedogs.com.au (Kym Wakeman)
– Coffs Harbour (6691 8500)
- JWall [at] guidedogs.com.au (Jessica Wall)
– Canberra (6285 2988)
- dgalea [at] guidedogs.com.au (Deanna Galea)
– Blacktown (9676 5802)
- EWallace [at] guidedogs.com.au (Emma Wallace)
– Albury (6041 5201)
- EGardener [at] guidedogs.com.au (Elisha Gardener)
– Wollongong (4225 9247)
- CDonohue [at] guidedogs.com.au (Crystal Donohue)
– Chatswood (9412 9300).